Giving blood and urine analysis
Analyzes provide an overview of the current state of the organism, creating opportunities for disease prevention and early detection.
- We recommend not eating, smoking or chewing a gum at least 2 hours before testing; this ensures the most objective test results. During that time, we recommend drinking pure unflavoured water.
- The time after the last urination should be at least 2 hours.
Cardiac stress test on veloergometer
A cardiovascular study that assesses exercise tolerance and helps identify health problems that may go unnoticed during a normal ECG.
- Before taking the cardiac stress test, we ask to sign a consent form on taking the test (the respective form is available in the doctor’s office or at the registration desk).
- Please bring along comfortable workout clothes and footwear. You can take a shower after the test (please bring along a towel and toiletries).
- If you are going to take the cardiac stress test, bring along an apple, yoghurt or a sweet snack to replenish yourself before taking the test.
- We recommend skipping workout and avoiding more intensive exercising 1 day before the testing.
- Qvalitas Medical Centre performs cardiac stress tests to persons of up to 140 kg of body weight.
Visual acuity test
Eye examinations and vision tests are performed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- If you wear glasses, please bring your glasses and, if possible, your previous glasses prescription.
- Please remove contact lenses from the eyes a few hours in advance.
A physiotherapist can be of help with musculoskeletal system pain and limitations, preparing for a surgery and recovering from a surgery, treatment and prevention of sports injuries.
- Please dress comfortably for exercises when needed.
- In addition to the standard, in-contact appointments with a physiotherapist, we also provide the service remotely via video.
The shape, size and structure of the internal organs can be measured during this examination.
- Do not eat 4-6 hours before the test (except if you have diabetes).
- You should drink enough (1-1.5 litres) of non-sparkling water 2-3 hours before the test so your bladder ill be full; do not empty your bladder before testing.
Audiometry is meant for determining hearing acuity and diagnosing hearing loss.
- If possible, we recommend avoiding noisy environments at least 12 hours before testing.
Spirometry is a test used for measuring the lung function and passage of air through the respiratory tract in case of forced breathing (with maximum depth and speed).
- Avoid coffee, tea and cola-drinks 2 hours before testing.
- You should not smoke 4 hours before the test.
- Short-acting bronchodilators should not be used for six hours prior to the examination.
- Long-acting bronchodilators should not be used for twelve hours prior to the examination.
- You should not consume alcohol for 2 days before the test.
Peak Expiratory Flow (PEF)
The study measures the maximum expiratory rate, which provides an initial subjective assessment of lung function. After the examination, it is possible to decide whether a doctor’s consultation and a spirographic examination are necessary in addition.