Using services in Qvalitas Medical Centre during the spread of coronavirus
We´d like to draw your attention that everyone visiting Qvalitas Medical Centre will:
- Have their body temperature measured with a digital non-contact forehead thermometer;
- Fill a medical questionnaire.
This combined solution helps prevent the spreading of infectious diseases, it is a mandatory procedure for all visitors of Qvalitas Medical Centers throughout Estonia as long as the coronavirus risk remains.
In addition, we ask our visitors to keep distance while staying on the premises of Qvalitas Medical Centre and also maintain good hand hygiene by using the provided disinfectant.
While the coronavirus spreads, an additional fee of €3 will be applied to appointments at Qvalitas Medical Centre.*
*The additional fee is related to the increased use of personal protective equipment and applies per service used. The employer bears the additional cost in the case of occupational health services. This fee is not added to the Estonian Health Insurance Fund appointments provided in Tartu.
Instructions for attending an occupational health check-up
- Please do not come to the health check-up during the acute stage of an illness, upon exacerbation of a chronic condition or while on sick leave.
- If you are unable to come to the health check-up at the agreed date or time, please reschedule your appointment through our self-service system.* The appointment can be recheduled up to 48 hours before the visit. If necessary, please notify our registration.
- When coming to the health check-up, please bring your identity document (ID card/passport/driving licence).
- Before the health check-up, please fill in a health declaration and a mental health questionnaire at Health check self-service
- If this is not possible, you will find a paper health check-up form on our website.
- Before reading the preparatory guide for tests and examinations, consult your employer to find out which tests and examinations are included in your package.
Instructions for coming to a specialist appointment
- Payments for services are made in cash or with a bank card at the medical centre
- We provide our services on the basis of an identity document (ID card/passport/driving license)
- If you are unable to come to the appointment at the agreed date or time, please notify our registration desk as soon as possible.
Preparations for tests and examinations
Giving blood and urine analysis
- We recommend not eating, smoking or chewing a gum at least 2 hours before testing; this ensures the most objective test results. During that time, we recommend drinking pure unflavoured water.
- The time after the last urination should be at least 2 hours.
Cardiac stress test on veloergometer
- Before taking the cardiac stress test, we ask to sign a consent form on taking the test (the respective form is available in the doctor's office or at the registration desk).
- Please bring along comfortable workout clothes and footwear. You can take a shower after the test (please bring along a towel and toiletries).
- If you are going to take the cardiac stress test, bring along an apple, yoghurt or a sweet snack to replenish yourself before taking the test.
- We recommend skipping workout and avoiding more intensive exercising 1 day before the testing.
- Qvalitas Medical Centre performs cardiac stress tests to persons of up to 140 kg of body weight.
Visual acuity test
- If you are undergoing an eye examination, please do not wear contact lenses on the same day. If you wear glasses, please bring your glasses and, if possible, your previous glasses prescription.
- Please dress comfortably for exercises when needed.
- Do not eat 4-6 hours before the test (except if you have diabetes).
- You should drink enough (1-1.5 litres) of non-sparkling water 2-3 hours before the test so your bladder ill be full; do not empty your bladder before testing.
- If possible, we recommend avoiding noisy environments at least 12 hours before testing.
- Avoid coffee, tea and cola-drinks 2 hours before testing. You should not smoke 4 hours before the test and consume alcohol for 2 days before the test.